Begining 26 September, 2012 all US visa appointment will be done by Stanley(www.ustraveldocs.com/in).
This new systems will also allow to make the visa fee payment online directly via website.
Stanley is a third-party organization that manages the administrative function of the visa application process. A prior appointment is a must to appear for the interview. It offers both online as well as offline appointment scheduling facility. Check the wait time at each US consulate in India before you make an appointment.
Use US visa online appointment system to set up an appointment with the US embassy or consulate where you will be applying for your visitor visa.
Setting up a visa appointment
- Visa interview appointment is required for those planning to obtain a visitor visa to USA. There will be 2 appointment needed. First one for Biometrics i.e. fingerprint & digital photograph at Visa Application Center (VAC) and the other one for the US visa interview at the applicable U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
You must schedule the VAC appointment at least one day before the interview appointment date. You can schedule both appointments, either online using this website or through the call center.
- You can take appointment online at US visa online appointment system.
- You can also call center +912267209400/ +911206602222 /+13106165424(USA local number) for any help with appointment
- Do not wait until the last minute to book your interview — you may not get your preferred date and time.
- Before setting up appointment, determine which US consulate you need to apply to.
- See the list of US Consulates in India.
- Check earliest available interview date.
- Check the visa wait times at a specific US consulate.
Documents required to schedule Visitor Visa Interview Appointment
- Passport valid for atleast 6 months beyond the intended period of stay
- Visa application fee payment receipt
- DS-160 Form confirmation page
- E-mail address
Emergency appointments can be granted on a limited basis for medical or humanitarian basis emergencies only. Emergency appointment is for a real emergencies only. If it is found that you misrepresented the reasons for travel, such facts will be noted on your case file and it may have adverse affect on your visa interview.
See more about US Visa Emergency Appointment
Make Changes to your appointment, rescheduling
To make changes to your current appointment.
Please login to the USTravelDocs.com and under your profile you can make changes online. You can move your appointment to a later date only once. Please schedule your appointment accordingly in order to avoid paying another visa application fee. In order to move your appointment to later date for the second time, first cancel your current appointment and then book a new appointment. You may also call the call-center for help.
Cancel an appointment
- You can cancel your visa interview appointment up to two business days before your appointment unless your interview appointment is scheduled at the US Consulate in Mumbai. If your appointment is at the US Consulate in Mumbai, you can cancel your appointment up to four business days before the appointment.
- You can cancel your appointment only two times. After the second cancellation, your US visa fee receipt is deactivated for 90 calendar days. You will not be able to book another appointment until the 90 days have passed.
- There is no fee for cancelling an appointment.
- You will not get a refund if you cancel your appointment.
Please see the US Visa appointment website