- Understand the process well.( accurate information and knowledge is half battle win)
- Provide complete and truthful information.
- Prepare well for the interview.
- Applicants should use the same passport to purchase their receipt ( Or pay fee) as they will use at the time of interview.
If your passport expires within the next 6 – 12 months It is advised to obtain a new passport prior to purchasing a receipt for a visa interview.
- All questions in application form must be answered in correctly.
- All Visa applicants should indicate clearly in their Last Name and Given Name. Its often seen in the case of South Indian names that passport issuing authorities write the whole name in the Last Name field.Applicants should check their passport and if the whole name is given in one line, they should get the same changed from passport office before applying for a visa.
- Indicate your current address and not the permanent address on the visa application form.
These useful tips can be a great help to get you Visa.
- Host or sponsor in USA should send complete and readable documents. It is better to have computerized printouts, so that it can be easily readable.
- Send complete instructions, and procedure for getting the Visa. There should be no discrepancy in any of the information given by you and by your visitor.
- Try to send your documents as latest dated as possible, do not hold for long time, it doesn’t mean to be very latest , 1 months/ 45 days is ok but not more then that.
- Provide all authentic and clear answers to Consulate staff. In case of any confusion, don’t hesitate to ask person near by or consulate staff in a polite manner.
- If language is a problem, you may request to talk in local language.
- Consulate might ask for return air tickets, medical insurance etc. Tell them those things will be done after the visa is approved.
- Complete the Visa application form neatly. In case of error, ask for another form. Do not overwrite.
- Visitor needs to understand the procedure and each document to be submitted.
- Upon receiving your visa, carefully check for any kind of mistakes like name, date of birth, type of visa, validity date, etc.
- Remember: The date of expiry of your stay limit, is the date on the I-94 form slip which will be attached to your passport at the port of entry in USA, and not the date stamped on your visa. Usually these are the same dates, but in some cases it might differ.