Mandatory documents required for US Visitor Visa (Tourist Visa)
- Valid original passport. It is recommended that your passport be valid for at least six months beyond your expected arrival date in USA.
- Carry all your old passports as well
- One photograph as per specification. Both digital and hard copy of the photograph are required.
- DS160 US Visa application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC).
- Proof of fee payment, which is a valid receipt.
- Printout of US Interview appointment letter.
Supporting documents for US Visitor Visa (Tourist Visa)
- Interview officer will primarily want to check that you are a legitimate applicant who meets all the criteria for US visitor visa including a valid identity, no criminal background, and have a valid reason to request a visitor visa.
- You must show evidence that you have sufficient funds to support your trip to USA.
- You may want to show evidence that you have strong ties back to home country, which will indicate to the officer that you have a reason to come back to your home country after your US trip is completed.
- Any additional documents that can support the above can be useful to carry with you when you go for the visitor visa interview.
- Evidence that shows the purpose of the trip, intent to depart the United States after the trip, and arrangements made to cover the costs of the trip may be provided.
It is impossible to specify the exact form the documentation to take since applicants' circumstances vary greatly. Following is a list of suggested documents for a few circumstances.
Supporting visitor visa documents for tourism, pleasure, and exploring United States
- Your complete travel plan with dates (in other words, your itinerary).
- Proof of funds (bank statement, copy of passbook, any other proof of cash.
- Tax ID, PAN ID, copy of last year's tax documents.
- Business card if you have one.
Supporting documents for visiting children, family, attending family event, etc.
- Letter of invitation from children or relatives who are inviting you.
- Evidence of event, invitation card, or any other evidence.
Supporting documents for medical treatment
If the purpose of your trip is to seek medical treatment, please see separate list of required documents for US visitor visa for medical treatment.
Supporting Documents for B2 visa for B1 holders spouse or children requesting dependent b2 visa to accompany while B1 person visit USA.
Following documents are not mandatory but can help during the visa interview if you are applying B2 visa in to accompany B1 visa primary person.
- Copy of B1 visa holder's passport and Visa. (IF B1 holder already procured his/her visa)
- Letter of invitation from B1 holder ( formal letter stating that B1 visa holder person wants you to visit/accompany)Â Â Include,. if the B1 holder would take care of the entire expenses.
If the Company/organization who is inviting the B1 person taking care of the expenses of the trip for Spouse and children of B1 holder,Â Â Â provide a written copy of letter indicating the same.
- Letter to consulate from B1 ( primary visa holder) requesting visa for spouse /children.
- Letter from Business( company) of B1 visa holder to the consulate endorsing and requesting the visa for B1 holders family may also help.
Other suggested documents for visitor visa
- Occupation related: If you are employed, get a letter of employment verification.
- If you are a government employee, you must get a an NOC.
- If you are self-employed, you must get proof of business ownership and financial.
Note: The above list of documents is not mandatory, and depending on individual circumstance, some of these documents may not be applicable. Additionally, there may be documents or evidence you can present before the consulate officer that are not listed above. The above list is the most common documents requested by immigration officers during visa interview.
For parents or individual applicants whose trip is sponsored by their children, relatives, or friends who live in United States, they should get certain documents from the sponsors. See the next section for complete list of documents required from sponsor.
See Sample Documents for reference: Sample Documents for US Visa