While the United States of America has reopened borders and loosened travel restrictions to and from many countries abroad, it is still important to protect yourself from the virus as cases are still active to this day. Having a visitors insurance plan that is tailored to have your back with Covid-19 can give you peace of mind that you’ll be covered, just in case.
When it comes to traveling to the US, you need an effective visitors insurance plan that protects you from medical emergencies, healthcare needs arising from accidents or illnesses and now, most importantly, an insurance against Coronavirus!
What Are The Three (3) Best Visitor Insurance Plans For Covid-19?
Getting a visitors insurance plan for Covid-19 is not only a sensible thing to do with travel right now, but also acts as a precaution against the expenses related to Covid testing and treatment plans. The following three (3) are ranked the best visitors insurance plans for Covid-19 in the marketplace today:
- CoverAmerica Gold
Ranked as the world’s most comprehensive plan for Covid-19, CoverAmerica Gold provides coverage for all medical expenses related to Covid-19, if the virus was contracted after the policy effective date. From a Public Health Emergency Screening (Covid-19 test) benefit, to financial support during quarantine and all expenses for its treatment, CoverAmerica Gold provides 100% coverage after deductible is met. Additionally, after December 1, 2021, anyone who is covered on CoverAmerica Gold will have COVID coverage regardless of the length of their purchased policy period. This means the plan will cover medical expenses arising from Coronavirus provided the disease is contracted after the policy effective date.
CoverAmerica Gold is also one of the most popular choices among travel medical insurance plans for parents visiting the USA because of its added advantage of having coverage for an acute onset of pre-existing medical conditions. Other outstanding features include coverage of the loss of a passport, international missed flights, border entry protection and emergency medical evacuation.
- Rated “A-” Plan
- 100% coverage in network after deductible
- Comprehensive coverage for treatment and services related to Covid-19 if contracted after the policy effective date
- No Cancellation fees
- No extension fees
- Urgent care copay $15
- Coverage for emergency dental treatment and emergency eye exams
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage up to policy maximum for those 69 and under, and up to $30,000 for ages 70-79
For more detailed information, please read the description of coverage for CoverAmerica Gold.
- Patriot America Plus
One of the criteria for the Patriot America Plus plan is that the plan should be purchased and made effective before contracting the Covid virus for the plan to be applicable.
Eligible for non-US residents up to the age of 99 years old who are traveling outside their home country to the U.S. The plan is fully refundable if canceled before the effective date. One of the notable features of Patriot America Plus is that it pays 100% up to the policy maximum once the deductible is met and for out of network, 80% for the first $5000 and then 100% thereafter, for the eligible covered medical expense.
Knowing how unpredictable Coronavirus can be, Patriot America Plus gives you peace of mind as well as protects your healthcare requirements during a crisis. It not only covers Covid-19 as any other eligible medical condition but has emergency medical evacuation in case the policyholder needs to be transported for further care.
For more detailed information, please read the description of coverage for Patriot America Plus.
- Rated “A-” Plan
- Up to 100% Coverage in Network after deductible
- PPO Network
- Renewable & Cancellable
- Medical Coverage During International Travel
- Coverage for Acute Onset of Pre-existing ConditionsL
- Rated “A” Plan
- 100% Coverage
- PPO Network
- Renewable and Cancellable
- Quarantine benefit ($50/day 10-day max)
- Coverage during international travel
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage up to the policy maximum for those 69 and under, and up to $100,000 for ages 70-79
CoverAmerica-Gold, Atlas America, & Patriot America Plus
Frequently Asked Questions For Visitors Insurance Plans For Covid-19
- Do the above 3 visitors insurance plans for Covid-19 Atlas America insurance, CoverAmerica-Gold & Patriot America Plus cover my parents who are visiting the USA?
Yes, the above visitors insurance plans cover parents against Covid-related symptoms and treatment. The plan should be bought and activated before the onset of the symptoms and the incubation period. Age eligibility can be ascertained under each individual plan.
- I already bought one of these plans before Covid was declared a pandemic. Am I still covered for coronavirus-related conditions?
Existing policy holders of any of the above 3 visitors insurance plans may be covered for Covid treatment if you had the symptoms and condition after the policy was activated. However, each policy has different rules and you are advised to review the policy documents to confirm details.
- My parents are already in the US and need to get treatment for coronavirus can I still buy a visitors insurance that covers treatment and testing?
No illness that existed before the purchase of the policy will be covered by the insurance plan. This includes Covid-19. However, while this may not cover someone already exposed to the virus, you can purchase it for yourself as a precaution provided you haven’t already caught it.
- My visitors insurance policy is expiring. Can I renew it?
Yes, you can renew all the plans. As long as there is no lapse in coverage between renewals, you will continue receiving coverage for coronavirus treatment. You are advised to talk to a licensed insurance professional to ensure continuous coverage.
- Can I use my own travel medical insurance apart from these three recommended to cover for coronavirus?
While these 3 -Atlas America insurance, CoverAmerica-Gold & Patriot America Plus provide comprehensive coverage for Covid-19 your regular domestic health insurance will most likely not cover you for international travel that covers Covid-19. Since most policy plans have changed or limited their coverage in light of the pandemic, purchasing one of these three gives you peace of mind.
Traveling To The US During The Pandemic?
Here are the best visitors insurance plans that cover Covid-19