The smart traveler who already has a travel medical insurance policy and is now wondering what is and is not covered under the policy. This is because, a travel medical policy effective before contracting the Coronavirus will not provide coverage to the insured.
If you have purchased a travel medical insurance policy and it is still active, this is the time to renew it so that not only will the coverage continue to protect you from new illnesses or injuries that may occur in a foreign country but also provide protection from a fatal pandemic that has ravaged so many people across the world.
Travel Medical Insurance For Coronavirus
For your travel medical insurance plan to cover coronavirus you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must have purchased the policy before you have contracted the coronavirus or had any symptoms before the incubation period.
- You shouldn’t have had any periods of lapsed coverage and have consistent coverage throughout your trip.
Play It Safe
Get The Perfect Travel Medical Insurance That Covers Coronavirus
Travel Medical Insurance: Extension & Renewal
Know The Difference:
- Extending a travel insurance medical plan means to get an extension for the current plan within the 364 days in a policy.
- Renewing a travel insurance medical plan means to get the same benefits after 364 days, for up to 2 years.
- It is important to educate yourself with the renewal and extension details in your policy and confirm if the policy is renewable in the first place.
There are several ways to renew your policy, depending upon which insurance provider underwrites your plan.The safest way is to call them and speak with a licensed insurance agent who can assist with the process. Their individual websites also provide quick easy links to renew it yourself.
- It is always advisable to renew your plan before it expires so that there is no lapse in coverage period. Follow the US Eastern Time Zone (EST time) to measure your policy’s effective and expiration dates and times. Once expired, it cannot be renewed or extended. You will have to buy a whole new policy. Any ongoing treatment or care for medical conditions will be excluded if a new policy is purchased.
- Renewing a policy allows its benefits to be unchanged and the beneficiary is able to enjoy uninterrupted coverage. Also, at the time of making a claim during original terms of the policy, medical conditions that happened during the active policy period will be treated as any other eligible illness.
So Many Plans
Which One To Buy For Covid-19
- It is important to read the policy brochure and terms of renewal or extension when doing so. For example, the CoverAmerica Gold insurance plan purchased prior to Sept 1, 2020 does not cover for COVID-19. Given the latest upgrades to the plan, it is necessary to purchase a new plan to get all the Covid-19 coverage benefits that come exclusively with the comprehensive CoverAmerica Gold plan. If a new policy is purchased, any ongoing treatment for eligible medical conditions will be excluded under the new policy.
- In this case, renewing the current CoverAmerica Gold plan will not receive exclusive Covid-19 coverage. Speak to a licensed insurance agent to get assistance regarding this advantage.
- Several travelers simply choose to buy a different insurance plan when their circumstances change. This can be easily done by consulting an insurance specialist for the most suitable option in travel medical insurance plans. It is important to keep in mind that coverage might differ depending on the beneficiary’s age and present medical condition.
For more information on renewing your insurance policy, connect with a licensed insurance agent at VisitorsCoverage.