The United States of America has endured over 1 million deaths and dealt with over 93 million infected cases so far. In a situation like this, there is very little to bank on but caution and safety. Having travel medical insurance before taking a trip to the US is the best recourse anyone has during a pandemic of this proportion.
What Does A Covid Travel Medical Insurance Cover?
The Coronavirus is a deadly virus that can cause havoc for your health anywhere from three months to 1 year. The damage it does can vary from breathing difficulties for a few months to permanent heart damage.
When visiting the US, it is important to note that the medical costs there are exorbitant and it is imperative to have the right kind of visitors medical insurance to avoid going into permanent financial crisis.
Here’s an exhaustive list of what different travel medical insurances might cover for Coronavirus (Covid-19).
*Please keep in mind that each travel medical insurance plan has its own clauses and before buying you should read the policy brochure to educate yourself about each feature of every individual plan.
- Some Covid plans carry the benefit for public health emergency screenings and allow for testing of Covid-19 Here are the top 3 visitor’s insurance plans with Covid-19 benefits
- If contracted after the policy effective date, some plans like the CoverAmerica Gold plan treat Coronavirus like any other illness and provide coverage for its treatment up to the policy maximum.
- Some plans provide a limited allowance during quarantine with proof of quarantine mandate from a physician or government authority
- 100% telemedicine option available to help maintain social distancing
- Plans are renewable
- Plans are cancellable
- Some offer medical coverage during travel
- Most travel medical insurance plans that cover Covid-19 provide access to the best and most extensive list of doctors within the PPO network
- Local burial/repatriation benefits offered by some travel insurance plans
- Urgent care visits coverage for some travel insurance plans
Worried About Traveling To The US With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
Here’re the BEST travel insurance plans for you
Which Travel Medical Insurance Plans Cover Covid-19 For Travelers To The USA?
Different plans have different criteria for coverage options. Depending upon each individual requirement, the choice in insurance plans will vary. For example, while CoverAmerica Gold offers a Public Health Emergency screening benefit for testing without symptoms as well as treatment, INF Elite will only allow for testing if the Covid symptoms are significant.
The following travel insurance plans offer coverage for the Coronavirus:
If pre-existing conditions are not a concern, CoverAmerica Gold provides 100% coverage after deductible is met and offers comprehensive Covid coverage. The plan offers a Covid screening benefit and financial support during quarantine, as well as coverage for expenses related to treatment for Covid. Ranked as the world’s most comprehensive plan for Covid-19, CoverAmerica Gold provides coverage for all medical expenses related to the illness if contracted after the policy effective date. After December 1, 2021, anyone who is covered on CoverAmerica Gold will have Covid coverage regardless of the length of their purchased policy period. This means that the plan will cover medical expenses arising from Coronavirus.
Learn more about the CoverAmerica-Gold insurance plan
Eligible for non-US residents up to the age of 99 years old who are traveling outside their home country to the U.S., Patriot America Plus covers Covid-19 as any other eligible medical condition. It pays 100% up to the policy maximum once the deductible is met and for out of network, 80% for the first $5000 and then 100% thereafter, for the eligible covered medical expense as long as it was purchased before getting the infection.
Learn more about the Patriot America Plus Insurance Plan