Schengen Visa Countries
The following countries fall under Schengen Visa regulations:
Before a Schengen Visa can be issued, applicants must show proof of health insurance coverage that meets the requirements of the Schengen Visa.
Changes to the Schengen visa rules in Yr 2020
Fee Increase, mandatory insurance requirement and other details
Medical Insurance Requirements for Schengen Visa
The medical insurance requirements for the Schengen visa are:
- Medical coverage of at least 30,000 Euros (approximately $45,000 in U.S. dollars)
- Cover the period of the travelers stay or transit in the Schengen Area (up to 90 days within a 180-day period)
- Be valid in Schengen countries
- Medical evacuation and repatriation coverage
- Urgent medical attention
- Emergency hospital treatment or death
- $0 deductible is required by certain countries
Schengen Visa Plans
There are a number of medical and travel insurance plans that meet Schengen Visa requirements. When you purchase your insurance plan, you can request a proof of insurance letter that states the medical coverage and evacuation amounts. Use this letter when you apply for your Schengen Visa. The top three insurance plans for travelers on Schengen Visas are EuropeTravel – Plus, Atlas International and Patriot America Plus.
Buy Schengen Visa Insurance Online
You can buy your Schengen Visa insurance online and VisitorsCoverage is one of the leading providers of Schengen insurance plans for international visitors. Click either of those links to compare, quote, and purchase your Schengen Visa insurance online and print the confirmation letter you need to show proof of coverage with your application.
Best Schengen Visa Travel Insurance Plan
If youre traveling to any of the Schengen countries listed above, EuropeTravel – Plus is the plan for you. Not only does the plan meet and exceed the insurance requirements to obtain a Schengen visa, it also provides all the necessary coverage in one single plan, meaning you can worry less and explore more on your travels.
- Covers anywhere in Europe
- Satisfies Schengen Visa Requirements
- Covers Covid-19
- 100% Coverage After Deductible
- Instant Access to Visa Letter
- $0 Deductible Available
- Provides Coverage for Incidental Trips to Home Country
DisclaimerThe information represented on this page is provided by VisitorsCoverage Inc., a US-based licensed insurance service provider.