A Schengen Visa permits travelers to move freely within the Schengen area as defined by the Schengen Borders Agreement in 1995. Essentially, this visa allows travelers to travel freely between any of the 27 European countries without having to apply for separate visas at each border. The requirements to qualify for a Schengen Visa vary from country to country, and so travelers must check with their local embassy for the rules.
Do I need travel insurance for Schengen Visa? Yes! Before a Schengen Visa can be issued, applicants must show proof of health insurance coverage that meets the requirements of the Schengen Visa.
Schengen Visa Countries
The following countries fall under Schengen Visa regulations:
Changes to Schengen Visa Rules
Fee Increase, mandatory insurance requirement, and other details
Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa
The Schengen Visa insurance requirements are as follows:
- Medical coverage of at least 30,000 euros (approximately $32,000 USD)
- Cover the period of the travelers stay or transit in the Schengen area (up to 90 days within a 180-day period)
- Be valid in Schengen countries
- Medical evacuation and repatriation coverage
- Urgent medical attention
- Emergency hospital treatment or death
- $0 deductible is required by certain countries
Schengen Visa Insurance Plans
There are a number of medical and travel insurance plans that meet Schengen Visa insurance requirements. When you purchase your Schengen Visa insurance plan, you can request a proof of insurance letter that states the medical coverage and evacuation amounts. Use this letter when you apply for your Schengen Visa.
Best Schengen Visa Travel Insurance Plan
If you’re traveling to any of the Schengen countries listed above, the Europe Travel – Plus is the plan for you. Not only does the plan meet and exceed the insurance requirements to obtain a Schengen visa, it also provides all the necessary coverage in one single plan, meaning you can worry less and explore more on your travels.
- Covers anywhere in Europe
- Satisfies Schengen Visa Requirements
- Covers Covid-19
- 100% Coverage After Deductible
- Instant Access to Visa Letter
- $0 Deductible Available
- Provides Coverage for Incidental Trips to Home Country
- Lost luggage benefit of $50/item up to $500
- Lost or stolen passport/travel visa benefit up to $250
Buy Schengen Visa Travel Insurance Online
You can buy your Schengen Visa travel insurance online through VisitorsCoverage – one of the leading providers of Schengen Visa insurance plans for international visitors. Visit their website online to compare, quote, and purchase travel insurance for Schengen Visa online and print the confirmation letter you need to show proof of coverage with your application.
DisclaimerThe information represented on this page is provided by VisitorsCoverage Inc., a US-based licensed insurance service provider.