One of the ways visitors to the US can counter this is by opting for Atlas America visitor medical insurance plan. Not only does it have the advantage of being a popular visitor insurance plan for international visitors to the US but once the deductible is met, it covers 100% of medical services both within and out-of-network.
Atlas America Insurance Plan – Is It Worth Buying?
- Medical service providers who are within the preferred provider organization (PPO) offer services at reduced rates. Subscribers to the Atlas America insurance plan have the advantage of having 100% coverage both in and out-of-network for eligible injury or sickness, once the deductible is met.
- Atlas America is a comprehensive plan, meaning that only a percentage of your total policy is applied to your cost per incident. This gives for better coverage with minimal premium.
- For most visitors over the age of 70, the policy maximum is a generous amount of coverage in comparison to many other insurance plans.
- For policy holders who may have an acute onset of a pre-existing medical conditions, the payout is a good amount of the policy maximum.
- Buyers of Atlas America insurance policies have the comfort knowing that the plan can be activated the very same day it is bought and begin their trip to the US knowing that their guess work from their medical care is taken out when in the US.
Atlas America has the advantage of not only covering 100% within the PPO network but also protecting you out-of-network as it pays 100% of the Usual, Reasonable and Customary amounts prevalent in that region. This takes the worry out of evaluating the medical provider based on costs attached. Atlas America can be canceled even after the policy has become effective as long as no claims have been filed. This gives the buyer a lot of flexibility as seen in the details below.
- Rated “A” Plan
- 100% Coverage
- PPO Network
- Renewable and Cancellable
- Quarantine benefit ($50/day 10-day max)
- Coverage during international travel
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage up to the policy maximum for those 69 and under, and up to $100,000 for ages 70-79
Atlas America Insurance Claims Process: How To File A Claim
Filing a claim for an Atlas America insurance plan is not only easy but the process is fast as well. Doing the relevant paperwork and sending it in a timely manner (usually within 90 days from the date of medical service received) always ensures a smooth process.
The following simple steps are to be followed to file a claim:
Download claims form
Attach the following documents
- Completed claims form
- Copy of the insured passport
- Copies of all medical receipts
- Copies of all bills and itemized services
- Cover letter with brief information about the insured, his illness and his treatment
Once the completed claims form is received by the insurance company – WorldTrips – they will evaluate all documents, and the claims department verifies the information to make the appropriate payment as determined by your chosen insurance policy.
You can contact Atlas America Insurance via
- Mail: Att. Claims Department, WorldTrips, P.O. Box 2005, Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2005
- Call: 800-605-2282
- Email: [email protected]
- Online: WorldTrips Claims Help Request
Atlas America Customer Reviews
- AM Best Rating: A (Excellent)
- Excellent customer feedback and reviews
- Comprehensive Travel Medical Coverage at very affordable price
- After deductible, 100% covered up to policy maximum
- Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage up to the policy maximum available for people under 70 years old
- Online Renewable, Extension of policy available online up to 364 days
- Most suitable for: International tourists visiting USA
For more detailed information of the Atlas America insurance experience, see what the reviews and ratings have to say.
How To Buy Atlas America Insurance Plan
Purchase Your Policy