Travel medical insurance is undoubtedly a crucial requirement when visiting a country like the US. Having the peace of mind knowing that you’ll be covered in the event that you need medical care while overseas is priceless.
However, with so many choices of travel medical insurance plans available in the market, it is understandable that the visitors insurance buying process can be overwhelming and confusing. CoverAmerica-Gold, a trusted travel medical insurance plan, is one of the most popular choices for many travelers to the US and consistently remains a top preference.
Traveling to the US and Need the Best Travel Insurance Plan?
Here’s why CoverAmerica-Gold is the best travel insurance for US travelers.
Is CoverAmerica-Gold Insurance Plan Worth Buying?
CoverAmerica-Gold is a visitors insurance policy that provides comprehensive coverage for visitors to the United States. There are several reasons why CoverAmerica-Gold is one of the most popular choices among international tourists visiting the US. These include:
- CoverAmerica-Gold offers added benefits such as medical emergency services that you may not find in other plans.
- CoverAmerica-Gold provides comprehensive coverage for Coronavirus (COVID-19) if contracted after the policy effective date. CoverAmerica-Gold offers a Public Health Emergency Screening benefit (COVID-19 test), financial support during quarantine, and coverage of medical expenses for treatment.
- This plan offers a special preferred rate to returning customers. The preferred rate applies to returning customers or those renewing or extending their policy. The preferred rate will apply to policyholders who purchased CoverAmerica-Gold on or after April 1, 2020.
- CoverAmerica Gold offers access to a huge network of reputed doctors, medical experts and hospitals throughout the US, giving each visitor the benefits of a PPO network from United Health.
CoverAmerica-Gold Benefits Explained
CoverAmerica-Gold has a multitude of benefits that most other plans in the same category do not offer. Let’s take a deeper dive into these benefits and why they are important when choosing a US visitors insurance plan.
Cashless Visitor Insurance
One advantage to this particular travel health insurance plan is that it handles all insurance claims within the United States, therefore the provider may directly bill the insurance company and the policyholder can enjoy the advantages of a cashless transaction.
Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions Coverage
This plan offers coverage for the acute onset of pre-existing conditions up to the policy maximum, a reassuring benefit if you have the misfortune of experiencing a sudden and acute onset of a pre-existing medical condition you were not expecting during your trip to the U.S. This is an attractive benefit to those who are older, such as parents visiting the U.S.
For all new and unexpected ailments, CoverAmerica-Gold covers up to the policy maximum, which gives you the peace of mind knowing that if need be, your insurance plan protects you from huge medical expenses. Even if it is not a long-term hospital stay, a quick visit to the urgent care charges a minimal co-pay fee out of pocket.
With so many unpredictable natural disasters that can occur during your trip, CoverAmerica-Gold covers up to $200 per day for 5 days and includes replacement accommodations in case you are displaced due to a natural disaster.
Lastly, a unique feature that makes the CoverAmerica-Gold insurance plan a popular choice among international visitors to the US is the fact that there is no cancellation or renewal fees, should there be last minute changes to travel plans! While most other plans charge anywhere between $20-$55 to extend or cancel the plan, CoverAmerica-Gold is as flexible as your travel plans.
Still not convinced? Here are 10 reasons why CoverAmerica-Gold is the best travel medical insurance plan.
- Rated “A” Plan
- 100% coverage in network after deductible Comprehensive coverage for treatment and services related to Covid-19 if contracted after the policy effective dates
- No cancellation fees
- No extension fees
- Preferred lower rate for returning customers
- Urgent care copay $15
- Coverage for emergency dental treatment and emergency eye exams
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage up to policy maximum for those 69 and under, and up to $30,000 for ages 70-79
- Provides Amusement Park Coverage | Cruise Coverage | Border Entry Protection
CoverAmerica-Gold Insurance Claims Process: How To File A Claim
Filing a claim for an CoverAmerica-Gold insurance plan is an easy and quick process. Doing the relevant paperwork and sending it in a timely manner (usually within 90 days from the date of medical service received) always ensures a smooth process.
The following simple steps are to be followed to file a claim:
Download Claims Form
Attach the Following Documents:
- Completed claims form
- Copy of the insured passport
- Copies of all medical receipts
- Copies of all bills and itemized services
- Cover letter with brief information about the insured, their illness and their treatment
Once the completed claims form is received by the insurance company, IMG, they will evaluate all documents, and the claims department verifies the information to make the appropriate payment as determined by your chosen insurance policy.
You can contact Cover America Gold Insurance via:
- Mail: Att. Claims Department, International Medical Group P.O. Box 88500 Indianapolis, Indiana 46208-0500
- Call: 800-628-4664 or 317-655-4500
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 800-628-4664 or 317-655-4500
CoverAmerica-Gold Best Features
- AM Best Rating: A- (Excellent)
- Excellent customer feedback and reviews
- Comprehensive Coronavirus coverage
- Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage available up to selected policy maximum for those under the age of 70
- Renewable and cancellable
- High coverage for people above 70
- Most suitable for international tourists visiting USA
For more reviews and ratings on the CoverAmerica Gold insurance experience, see further details here.
How to Buy CoverAmerica Gold Insurance Plan
Purchase your policy today!