Particularly in times like today, when the world is in the grips of the Coronavirus pandemic, it is imperative to protect the older generation. Parents are especially vulnerable as they are in the age category that is most affected by the virus. Having the right kind of travel medical insurance is very important.
Worried About Traveling To The US With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
Here’re the BEST travel insurance plans for you
There are several visitor insurance plans that offer various degrees of coverage but when it comes to protecting parents visiting the US, one needs a comprehensive plan that provides coverage from the start of the journey to the stay in the US and until they reach safely back home. CoverAmerica Gold, for example, is one of the most comprehensive plans that not only provide extensive coverage for Covid-19 related medical expenses, but also has coverage for acute onset of pre-existing medical conditions. Details below.
Medical costs in the United States are significantly higher than in other countries, so even a simple doctor visit without insurance could become a financial burden on you and your parents. Give yourself peace of mind knowing that your parents are covered for the unexpected.
Purchasing travel medical insurance for parents has never been easier or more accessible. With no medical exam required and limited paperwork, you can complete everything online and give your parents the joy of a carefree stay in the USA.
The best visitors insurance plans for parents visiting the USA from India are as follows:
- 100% coverage in network after deductible
- Comprehensive coverage for treatment and services related to Covid-19 if contracted after the policy effective date
- No Cancellation fee
- Urgent care copay $15
- No Extension fee
- Coverage for emergency dental treatment and emergency eye exams
- $100 for travel delays of 12 hours or more.
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage up to policy maximum for those 69 and under, and up to $30,000 for ages 70-79.
Choosing the best visitors insurance for your parents depends on each family’s specific needs, so be sure to read your policy brochure carefully so you know exactly what is and is not covered.
Travel Tips For Parents Traveling To The US
It is always exciting when parents come to visit. Be it for the holidays or just spend the summer with us, both adult kids and grandchildren have something to look forward to. However, elderly parents traveling brings with it the tensions associated with it – will they be safe? Do they need a younger companion during travel?Should you take an insurance plan that covers them during the flight?
Here are the best travel tips for parents traveling to the USA:
- Parents should always share their itinerary with their adult kids in the US.
- Keep a small batch of medicines handy in the carry on baggage along with its prescription
- Get to the airport sufficiently early to navigate the boarding and security procedures. Finding the departure gate can also be lengthy exercise if its not close by
- Stay hydrated throughout the fight to avoid negative effects of the circulated air of the flight
- Getting an insurance plan that allows for Cancel for any reason insurance option provides the flexibility parents may need with their travel plans
Find the Right Visitors Insurance Plan For Your Parents
Compare Top Rated Plans and Learn about Important Features.
DisclaimerThe information represented on this page is provided by VisitorsCoverage Inc., a US-based licensed insurance service provider.