When it comes to purchasing visitors insurance, a very common inquiry is whether or not theres coverage for anything pertaining to pregnancy during international travel. The answer is no, visitors insurance policies do not cover any pregnancy, maternity, or childbirth related expenses due to the short-term nature of the plans. Pregnancy is medically viewed as a high-risk period and because of this, insurance companies do not provide coverage for short-term clients, as visitors insurance is designed only for sudden and unexpected events.
Traveling Abroad Pregnant: How Visitors Insurance Can Help
While international travel during pregnancy is not highly recommended, it is still possible and can be safe if done carefully. Despite the fact that visitors insurance does not cover pregnancy related expenses, it is still highly recommended that you purchase a policy to protect you against any unrelated accidental injuries or illnesses that could in turn, jeopardize the health of you and your baby.
To purchase a policy that can protect you against any mishaps that may occur during your stay in the U.S., get quotes and compare plans.
Expecting mothers should take extra precautions when traveling internationally, and in some cases, should consider avoiding it all together. Should you absolutely need to travel during your pregnancy however, a few tips that can help make your trip as comfortable and safe as possible are as follows:
- Be sure to visit a doctor before embarking on your travels to make sure that traveling is safe for you and the baby, and to stock up on any medication you may need throughout the duration of your trip.
- Try to limit your travels to your first and second trimester only, and avoid any traveling during your third and final trimester.
- Avoid traveling to destination with extremely high temperatures and regions that are prone to disease.
- Avoid partaking in strenuous or adventurous activities during your travels.
- Either you, or your sponsor need to be prepared to pay out of pocket for any complications that could arise pertaining to your pregnancy, as the cost of health care in the U.S. can be extremely expensive without insurance coverage.
Let Us Help You Find the Right Visitors Insurance Plan
Compare, Quote and Purchase Visitors Insurance
Although no visitors insurance plans cover pregnancy related care, they can still cover other unexpected illnesses or accidents that may occur during your travels, which can be important to the health of you and your baby. Compare your visitors insurance options and purchase your plan before you embark to give you the peace of mind you deserve.