Irrespective of your physical health or the perfect itinerary, opting for the ideal travel insurance can be a daunting task. We have carefully selected the travel medical insurance plans with the lowest prices and highest ratings that ensure you are able to make proper comparisons and informed decisions.
You can get quotes, compare plans, and buy visitor insurance online.
Travelers can choose between a comprehensive plan and a limited coverage plan. Read more about types of USA Visitor Insurance.
Best Travel Insurance Plans for USA
The following plans are ideal for parents or elderly travelers visiting the US because they provide comprehensive coverage and some amount of acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage. Each plan has different features to fit every traveler’s unique needs, so be sure to read each plan details carefully to find the best plan for you.
Ranked as one of the most popular travel medical insurances, that provides 100% coverage after deductible, CoverAmerica-Gold has a multitude of favorable features that makes it the best visitors insurance for parents visiting the USA. It is also the world’s most comprehensive insurance plan that treats Covid-19 as any other illness and provides coverage for its screening and treatment. Other outstanding features include coverage of the loss of a passport, international missed flights, border entry protection and return flight to home country if the trip is cut short due to medical reasons. CoverAmerica-Gold has the added advantage of having coverage up to policy maximum should there be an acute onset of pre-existing conditions. This also leads up to the next major bonus of having an urgent care consultation copay of just $15.
- Rated “A” Plan
- 100% coverage in network after deductible
- Comprehensive coverage of all medical expenses related to Covid-19
- No Cancellation fees
- Urgent care copay $15
- Coverage for emergency dental treatment, eye exams & Flu shots
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage up to policy maximum for those 69 and under, and up to $30,000 for ages 70-79
- Provides Amusement Park Coverage | Cruise Coverage | Border Entry Protection
Budget Travel Insurance Plans:
Limited coverage plans tend to be a bit more affordable than comprehensive coverage plans, but they also only provide basic protection, which, depending on your needs, may not be enough. Make sure to read the plan details carefully to know exactly what is covered and what is not covered by a limited coverage travel medical insurance plan.
For a basic travel medical insurance that allows you to visit any doctor or hospital, ChoiceAmerica is you best option. It is low cost and has a pre-defined limit for each medical service that takes out the guess work out of the equation. Although this plan is not available to US citizens or residents, it does cover amusement parks and cruises in both North and South America.
- Plan pays fixed amount per incident up to policy maximum
- Basic coverage, low cost, less benefits
- Coverage for Covid-19 treatment and Flu Shots
- PPO Network
- Limited pre-existing condition coverage includes Urgent Care/Walk-in Clinics
- Coverage for border entry denial
- Coverage for adventure sports and amusement park injuries
- Coverage for loss of passport and essential travel documents
How to save money and find the best Visitors Insurance to USA?
Compare all plans for the pricing and features side by side and select one that meets your budget and fits your need.