Hop! Travel Assist is a travel assistance program from INF that is designed for non-U.S. residents traveling internationally who may need coverage for medical and travel benefits. Benefits can be paid up to 100% of the listed maximum coverage in the travel assistance program. Hop! Travel Assist is not a travel insurance policy, but a travel assistance membership program.
Hop! Travel Assist gives travelers medical assistance as well as benefits for cruises, trip cancellation, pre-existing conditions, and more. When a member requires medical care while traveling, they simply call Hop! Travel Assist and a representative will take care of making your doctor’s appointment, so that you don’t have to worry about finding care in a new place.
Let’s take a deeper dive into the Hop! Travel Assist membership program and what it has to offer.
Hop! Travel Assist Membership Program Review
Hop! Travel Assist is not a travel medical insurance plan, but is instead a membership program that offers various medical and non-medical benefits for the international traveler. Plans are for up to 364 days of assistance and cost varies depending upon age and the plan tier you choose. There is a minimum enrollment of 2 weeks coverage, and plan tiers gradually increase in medical assistance levels, up to $250,000.
- Medical coverage, including physicians, hospital, dental, and vision referrals via Hop! Assist
- Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions
- United Healthcare PPO
- Security Assistance
- Return Travel Arrangements
Hop! Travel Assist Best Features
The best features of the Hop! Travel Assist membership program include:
- Option to choose medical assistance level tier based on budget
- Included travel assistance benefits such as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Missed Connection, Lost Baggage, Cruises, and more.
- Guaranteed Cashless Claims via Hop! Travel Assist
- SmartDelay included in all memberships
- PPO Discounts via United Healthcare (Including Discounts on Vaccinations)
A notable feature of the Hop! Travel Assist membership program is that it offers a cashless claims process, meaning that if you utilize your medical assistance within the program, you don’t have to worry about paying out of pocket for your covered medical expenses. Hop! Travel Assist takes care of the payment for you.
Hop! Travel Assist Limitations
Here are some of the limitations to consider for this membership program when it comes to medical coverage:
- All benefits and services need to be coordinated with Hop! Assist within a certain time to access coverage.
- Non-Life-threatening Medical Assistance requires notification within 7 days of the first symptom.
- Life-threatening Medical Assistance needs to be reported within 48 hours of the first symptom.
- Travel Assistance requires notification within 24 hours of the incident.
- Not available for U.S. residents
- No cancellations after the policy effective date
- $15 application fee
Hop! Travel Assist Expert Opinion
Hop! Travel Assist is a unique way to secure travel medical coverage while traveling abroad. Rather than a traditional travel medical insurance plan, Hop! Travel Assist is a travel assistance product that can give you peace of mind when visiting a new country.
Hop! Travel Assist can cover a variety of medical needs including medical assistance for pre-existing conditions. In addition to medical benefits, this membership program also offers non-medical benefits such as trip interruption, trip cancellation, flight rebooking, lost passport, roadside assistance, and more.
The Hop! Travel Assist membership program is a great option for non-U.S. residents who are looking for more assistance when it comes to finding healthcare in a new country or may require travel assistance. It is also great for those who want more control over their coverage options.
Hop! Travel Assist Claims Process: How To File A Claim
Filing a claim for the Hop! Travel Assist program is quick and easy. Doing the relevant paperwork and sending it in a timely manner always ensures a smooth process.
The following simple steps are to be followed to file a claim:
- Log in to your INF member portal to file a claim.
Attach the Following Documents
- Completed claims form
- Copy of the insured passport
- Copies of all medical receipts
- Copies of all bills and itemized services
- Cover letter with brief information about the insured, their illness and their treatment
Once the completed claims form is received by the insurance company, INF Visitor Insurance they will evaluate all documents, the claims department verifies the information to make the appropriate payment as determined by your insurance policy.
You can contact INF via:
- Mail: Administrative Concepts, Inc. (ACI) 994 Old Eagle School Rd., Suite 1005, Wayne, PA 19087-1706
- Call: Toll Free: 408-222-1110 (from inside the U.S.)
- Email: [email protected]
Hop! Travel Assist Customer Reviews
- AM Best Rating: A (Excellent)
- Excellent customer feedback and reviews
- Coverage for Medical and Travel Assistance
- Best suited for: Non U.S. residents traveling internationally needing both medical and travel assistance coverage
Similar Travel Assistance Plans
Ready to Purchase Hop! Travel Assist?
Applying for this plan is quick and easy!
If you need help choosing the right travel medical insurance for you and your family’s specific needs, don’t hesitate to contact a licensed travel insurance agent and consultant today!