A limited coverage plan, as opposed to a comprehensive plan, is typically cheaper to purchase. They are lower cost, however, they offer less benefits than a more comprehensive insurance plan.
Typically, a limited coverage insurance plan is a good option if you are young, budgeting, in good health, or taking a low-risk trip. While you will spend less on a limited coverage plan, it does have its disadvantages, especially if you find yourself suffering from a major medical emergency while on vacation.
Reasons Why Limited Coverage Plans Are Cheaper
- Provides only basic coverage and has limited or restricted benefits. Benefits may not be adequate in case of a major medical problem.
- Insurance company takes limited risk and leaves more risk on you.
- Less choice of maximum available coverage amount.
- Less choice of deductible selection.
- No PPO network.
- No travel-related coverage.
Recommended Limited Coverage Insurance Plans for US Visitors
If you require only very basic medical coverage while traveling to the United States and are looking for a low cost, lower maximum option, we recommend the following limited coverage plans: